Pass me the Seaweed!

Thursday, July 19, 2012

My mom always tried to push me to eat seaweeds. She added them to stews and salads, but I hated them. They completely changed the flavor of the dish.
I forgot about them until I tried sushi not so long ago (as almost everyone in western cultures) and became adicted to Nori (the seaweed used in rolls). Now I don't care what kind of sushi I eat as long as it has Nori in it. I love the texture, the flavor, the consistency...and I know it's really healthy too!


the don't look so tempting in the ground :p
I made some research to sum up the benefits of seaweed:
Seaweeds contain every nutrient found in the ocean and every mineral found in the human blood. Thats something!:


<3
It contains B12 vitamin (it's one of the few vegetable sources), Vitamin A and Vitamin C, magnesium, iron, calcium, potassium.


It's great for weightloss, as it has almost no calories and its fiber content contributes to a feeling of satiety.


It helps in the digestion process, as it creates movement in the bowels helping the elimination of waste.


It is anti-cancerous and anti-inflammatory


It can substitute salt, reducing the risk of high bloos pressure (therefore, of heart attack and stroke)


Nori!
I leave you this series of videos to learn how to make california rolls, explained by a japanese boy :D



0 comments:

Post a Comment